On December 8, 2021, the WavE Transfer Forum on "Increasing water availability by the reuse of treated municipal wastewater - Solutions for current and future challenges" was held with nearly 60 participants attending from a total of 10 nations.
Water is the key to sustainable development and thus a critical factor for the development of society and economy. In various areas of life, water is needed for different purposes - for drinking water, agricultural irrigation, industrial production or for service water for settlements. The increasing global demand for water in these sectors, combined with the effects of climate change, is leading to the overexploitation of the existing water resources in many areas of the world.
The aim of the WavE Transfer Forum is to address the challenges associated with the reuse of treated municipal wastewater in different sectors and to establish plans for action. Innovative products from the WavE funding measure that are ready for application will be presented and available / potential solutions for future anticipated challenges will be introduced and discussed.
The topic of water reuse and efficiency is important for different sectors – urban, agriculture and industry. In addition to companies, authorities, associations, scientific-technical and applied research organizations also play important roles in enhancing the practice of water reuse.
- BMBF funding measure WavE: Future-oriented Technologies and Concepts to Increase Water Availability by Water Reuse and Desalination
- Challenges for different sectors with increasing water reuse
- Impulses on "Solutions and application perspectives for the water reuse of treated municipal wastewater“
- Discussion forum with panel and participants
- Summary and closing
- Thomas Track, DECHEMA e.V., Frankfurt am Main - Presentation
- Jörg Drewes, Technical University of Munich (WavE project TrinkWave) - Presentation
- Thomas Dockhorn, Technical University of Braunschweig (WavE project Hypowave) - Presentation
- Kerstin Krömer, Oldenburg Ostfriesischer Wasserverband (OOWV) (WavE project MULTI-ReUse) - Presentation
- Pedro Simón, ESAMUR - La Entidad Regional de Saneamiento y Depuración de Aguas Residuales
- Edgar Firmenich, former KfW Bankengruppe
Transfer Forum - Recording